Monday, September 24, 2012

Leprechaun... Not

Sophomore year starts and I already have the reputation of the shortest girl in our grade; aside from that girl who has that disorder that stunts her growth. Wait, maybe I have that too... I mean, I never ate well. I still don't. Which is probably the reason for my butt increasing two sizes since the last year.

But it's not like I'm abnormally short. No, wait... I am.

It's sad... I don't even know my own height. I guess I just don't want to know my height considering it won't reach the scale of five inches. I don't want to scar my mind with that horrifying... truth.

Suddenly, I have a sneaking suspicion that my height is decreasing by the day. And not in the scientific way where you shrink but then by morning your height is normal again. I mean, that is just cruel to all those short people around, like me.

Honestly, the worst part about being short is that you think you're as tall as everybody else in that room but in truth you're just the outcast with a terrible sense of fashion who looks like they should be ten years old when in truth you are fifteen and are eligible to start Driver's Ed.

Advice to short people (if there are any of these endangered species left in this world): Telling people you are from Irish descent always works. Unless you're a brown. Like me. In that case, I hope you like the phrase, "I'm not short, I'm fun-sized!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment